18 June 2010

My longest road journey & the end of summer holidays


Within a couple of days of reaching back from Camp Himalayan, we were off to the longest road journey i've taken till now.

4.30 am...... New Delhi to Udaipur. We reach Udaipur at 3.30 pm. Swim in the pool & chill & night stay in Udaipur

next day.....

Leave Udaipur at 9am for Ahmedabad.

Break for lunch for a sumptuous guju thaali & meeting vinay kaka& charul maasi.

Leave Ahmedabad at 5 pm

Destination for night stay is in my old house in Dahanu.

We reach at 1 am

We crash to sleep.

2nd day

Wake up in the morning, a ride on our 'ole scooter, check out the stuff at the good 'ole Agni Bakery, meet my 'ole friend Pehzaan & a quick hello to Brian Kaka & Farida aunty......


10 am Dahanu to Bombay.....we reach for lunch in Bombay, which is our destination.

A total of almost 2,500 kms on road, & in a space of 5 days we weaved through Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat & Maharashtra & surprisingly it was not stressful at all. ( Yes, except for the Traffic cops at Ahmedabad city who kept extorting bribes out of us like a mafia gang)

I spend the rest of of my summer holidays with my cousins in Bombay. Watched movies, football matches, played, laughed, cried, fought, enjoyed, had kulfis, ice creams, pav bhaaji, bhel puri's, paani puri's, doughnuts, enjoyed the company of my aunts & uncles & my maternal grand mother, i saw & received the first rains, visited my farm near Pune .........

& now i am back to the grind.

Time & days seemed to have moved fast......

Lots of school work to complete before it re opens on the 28th.

Wish me luck........

No comments: