30 May 2008

Mana's musings...........

My stay in Delhi was supposed to be quite short but due to unavoidable circumstances, it has been lengthened by a few days. Can’t say I was disappointed, for a change I am not counting the days to get back home. The weather was shockingly beautiful……….. we didn’t have to suffer through delhi’s summer. Feels good to have every one suffering in Bombay for a change.

As far as food goes the trek (which I did with my college in association YHAI) compelled me to eat food, which I wouldn’t have other wise touched. So coming here was like heaven after eating the watery potatoes for 12 days. The Pizzas were a nice change from all that. This time around I did get to see parts of old Delhi, sadly I had to miss out on Jama Masjid……….. but that means that I get to come here again LOL.

One thing I really love about Delhi is the shopping, especially at Sarojini Nagar. This time, ‘though short, I did manage to go there thrice & that really filled up suitcase to the limit, along with the rocks I had collected from the trek.

The sound & light show at the Red Fort, which itself is a beauty was quite nice (except for the mosquito's). I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more, if there was more emphasis on Mughal History of the fort, it somehow fascinates me more.

A visit to a mall in Delhi, was really disappointing, it was nothing great. Possibly it was one of the few times that I missed my Bombay.

The protest by the Gujjars led to the cancellation of our trains, we tried to book plane tickets, I suppose I will not forget this day & more than anything else will always remember It is annoying, but it happens………. Courtesy Yatra.com

I loved the Aloo parathas which Prema makes & also the mad dog which stays downstairs called Kido, who is really adorable !!

A song for M........ enjoy !!

No comments: