17 May 2009

At Camp Himalayan...................

I've been to Camp Himalayan before for a school trip & i had thoroughly enjoyed it & had the time of my life.
So this time i was going with my parents, my cousin sister from Mumbai & my friend Ankit and his parents (my grandmother was going to come too but unfortunately she fell ill & did not feel up to the long journey). We set out from Delhi at 8:00pm. We were going in a 9 seater private bus we got really late getting out of Delhi because our driver didn't take the proper route to exit from Delhi. Infact we took 16 hours instead of 12 because of the cartoon of a driver who was driving very slow & he did not know how to drive in the mountains. My father infact wanted to drive many a time !!

Well, we at least reached our destination- Camp Himalayan at 12:30 pm the next day. A Himalayn Griffon swooped below our eye levels as we entered the camp. We met Sumit Uncle and talked to him for a while and went to our rooms. One of the first things which stuck me was that the camp was looking totally green compared to last time i was there because then it was winter and all the apple trees were bare. Whereas now it was summer !!I remember from the lounge I could see all the cottages clearly but now most were submerged in greenery.
We had lunch at 2:30 which was really good especially the daal.
All the parents went to rest but Ankit and I went around the camp with our camera's watching birds. We saw a lot of small birds and we were trying hard to get a clear picture but they kept moving & were so busy all the time (though we finally did and i even found a nest the Grey Tit was using).

Then suddenly the Yellow Billed Magpie popped out of a bush. I call this bird the chalaak dada because it flew up the mountain so we chased up the mountain trying to get a photo and then before we can do anything it happily swoops down the mountain above our heads as if to say "goodbye slowpokes" while we are standing there helplessly. Later when I didn't have the camera, it was sitting on the apple tree next to me happily. But when i do have the camera it flies away.

We finally got our parents up from their slumber and went for a walk which was quite nice. We went around the village we saw the fields full of Jowar, Green Peas, Garlic & Potatoes.
But it started raining and a storm was brewing so we had to hurry back. We had a real good dinner & went back to our rooms and slept well in the lovely mountain.
Infact i am quiet- happy to be here.
Also infact i cannot wait for tomorrow, because we are trekking to the Great Himalayan National Park !!

No comments: