20 May 2009

Camp Himalayan........... to Jalori Pass

I had to wake up early again as we were going to Jalori Pass. The drive again was very pretty through shrubs of Wild White Roses & Blue Iris's

We started off and I kind of dozed of on the way but suddenly I wake up with my mother saying: Stop, Stop, Stop to the driver. I got to know it was some kind of a yellow bird she had seen on the road. I then saw it in the tree and it was awesome. I got some pics but they are not totally clear but we all remembered the unique beak. We got back in the bus and I took out the bird book and tried to identify it. It was a black and yellow Grosbeak (male and female).


We reached Jalori Pass and trekked up to Raghupur Fort. It was a tough trek though Ankit and I had done it during the school trip. We spent a lot of time there and we had lunch, trekked back to Jalori Pass and drove back to the Camp where we were greeted by a storm.
We had dinner and went to sleep- our final night in the mountains. (Sigh !!)

No comments: